An often overlooked, but extremely important source of toxic material is the mercury from silver [mercury] amalgam fillings. Some people who are aware of the situation are confused by the mixture of information available. Unfortunately, statements from dental trade organizations and on a few poorly-researched news reports have muddled the situation.
Here are a few facts about mercury amalgam fillings:
Obviously, not everyone experiences acute toxicity effects from the mercury in amalgam fillings. However, virtually everyone does have mercury build up in their bodies from implantation of such fillings. The large increase in mercury exposure from the newer non-gamma-2 mercury fillings means that only time will tell how much damage has been caused by daily exposure to mercury to such fillings.
Mercury amalgam fillings should be removed only by dentists with experience using the protocols, or properly trained biological dentist. You can search for the right dentist at www.iaomt.org.
Remember that before and after any amalgam removal, you need to be detoxified to avoid accelerated metal deposit in the tissues, and therefore it is strongly recommend to contact a certified physician by ACAM ( American College of Advancement in Medicine) for consultation and treatment. You can call our office for information.